Have you ever been bored while on the computer, or on your phone, and somehow run across a video labeled ‘Epic Fails’ or something similar? If you have then you might have seen the video below, and you might have laughed your ass off like we did, especially since there’s a good chance that a lot of us have done something similar in our lives, and regretted it until we could look back and laugh at it.
Of course, some of these fails are kind of tough to laugh at since they look like they hurt like hell or were kind of embarrassing. But hey, if it’s not you that has to experience the fail then you get to laugh like hell at the unfortunate stupidity of others. Seriously, it’s some of the best entertainment that you’ll see in the world, and it’s fairly cheap so long as you can afford the internet since people can’t stop posting stuff like this, thank the good lord.
How in the world do people fail in such spectacular ways?
Well, that’s not too hard to explain since people do dumb things sometimes and in this era, if someone doesn’t have a camera out you can bet people are going to ask them how they could be so irresponsible. Oh yes, that’s how it goes these days. But there are a few explanations as to how people might be clueless enough to fail in such an obvious manner.
- They’re not that self-aware: Believe it, some folks are only thinking about getting something amazing on camera, they’re not thinking about what could happen and what’s about to happen. But by the time something DOES happen, they’re too shocked to realize that they could have avoided it.
- People are always looking to be famous: This feels like it might be a lesser reason, but it does happen that every now and then that if someone can get something on the internet to go viral that will give them a bit of a boost and make them an internet senstation. It’s possible to become famous by being on the internet, but it’s not always wise to become famous off of making a mistake, since the best a lot of people can hope for is to become a GIF or something similar that people will end up laughing at.
- They’re trying to be funny: This is usually the best reason for a fail since if it does happen then it’s easier to laugh at, for the viewers as well as the individual that did it since they knew that something could happen. This is the least pride-wounding way to go in all honesty since it’s somethign that a person can recover from rather quickly, unless it’s that embarrassing.
- They have a false sense of confidence: No joke, some people can honestly walk down the street thinking that they’re just pure awesome that was poured into human form and will do or say things that they think are great. This is when karma tends to look up from whatever it’s doing and says ‘Oh, really?’. A lot of moments feel this way and it’s a lot of fun to imagine that people are getting the snot kicked out of them thanks to their inability to remain humble.
There are a lot of reasons that people do stupid things, but there are those times when it would feel that they might be doing them on purpose just so that they can get noticed by people. Some do these things just because they want to be seen, no matter what it takes.
Are people really that desperate to get noticed?
Seriously, a lot of people are willing to do just about anything from staging a hoax and getting in trouble for it to absolutely humiliating themselves when it comes to getting on the internet, which is still surprising since it’s not that hard to get a YouTube account and start posting pretty much anything you want. But a lot of folks are under the impression that unless you do something wild and crazy, then people aren’t going to notice you. They’re not entirely wrong, especially since there’s so much content on the internet that sifting through all of it to find just one person in order to find out what makes them special can take a while. There are a lot of things that people do to get noticed on the internet, and posting their epic fails are only one of the many.
- Opinion videos: These can be interesting and kind fo informative at times depending on how much the individual knows about the subject they’re speaking on. One of the only problems with opinion videos is that if the person giving their honest opinion is a nut or doesn’t believe in what they’re saying and is just doing it for likes and views, then they’re not worth following. At that point, all people are really doing are enabling someone that needs to be the center of attention.
- Movie/TV show reviews: These are actually a lot of fun to watch and they’re usually heavily edited since the reviewers can only show so much of the movie, while on their Patreon site they can show the whole thing, apparently. But if they’re nice about it they’ll show their own bloopers from time to time and you’ll be able to get a good laugh out of it.
- Instructional videos: Thankfully, a lot of these are actually really entertaining and informative. Those that are outright hoaxes are the epic fails that you simply can’t miss though, since those that are obviously not skilled or even confident in what they’re doing can be absolutely hilarious without intending to be.
There are a lot of reasons that people get on the internet, and one of the biggest reasons is that they just want to be seen by other people. Personally, I enjoy being able to write and am usually glad if people read it, but as far as posting my own epic fails, no, y’all don’t need to see my bumblin’, stumblin’ in live-action. Sorry Radasser’s, but there’s more than enough on the internet to get you going.
It’s okay to laugh…
Hey, people are doing dumb things that aren’t your fault and posting them to the internet for a reason, so don’t feel too bad about laughing since it’s easy to think that even the videos that make it apparent that people did get a bit hurt probably wouldn’t be up there if that person were seriously injured. It’s definitely safe to wince and go ‘ooh’ ‘aaah’ or ‘DAMN!’ and definitely ‘WTF?!!’, but don’t stop laughing just because you feel bad. After all, these people are doing this for a reason and they’re posting it to get a reaction.
Seriously, some people might feel bad about laughing at videos or GIFs like this since they might think that it’s shaming people in one way or another. But it’s humor, these are jokes, and people need to remember that humor is necessary for a balanced life no matter how offensive it might appear.
Let’s just say that you might want to consider being the person behind the camera rather than the moron that’s about to be filmed, for a lot of reasons. But if you’re bound and determined to fail, then make it epic Radassers.